Due to contract changes with Box, DoIT will implement 50GB storage quotas for Box on June 15. More information on that decision can be found here: https://it.wisc.edu/news/new-storage-quotas-for-box-after-unexpected-contract-changes/.
Here are some alternatives you may be interested in investigating for your use:
- Research Drive: https://it.wisc.edu/services/researchdrive/. This service grants faculty researchers 5TB of free storage space; with additional storage available for an annual fee.
- Google Drive: https://kb.wisc.edu/54171. This service, similar to Box, allows you to store information and sync it to your computer, and is accessible anywhere you have Internet access. It also allows you to create Shared Google Drives that multiple people can access. Google Drive currently offers unlimited storage; however, there are upload and download limitations to the amount of data that can be transferred at a given time.
- One Drive for Business: https://kb.wisc.edu/74569. Similar to Box, this service gives you up to one terabyte of storage, accessible anywhere you have Internet access. Like Google Drive, One Drive for Business also has upload/download limitations.
- Kaltura Media Space: https://kb.wisc.edu/58687. Kaltura allows faculty and staff to easily create, upload, clip, manage, transcode, publish, and deliver high-quality video to any device. With our Canvas integration, Users can integrate video into their course environments for flipped classrooms, lecture capture, video assignments, and more to improve student engagement.
- Campus has fee-based agreements with Microsoft and Amazon for cloud-based storage options, should these appeal to you. More information can be found here: https://it.wisc.edu/it-projects/projects-initiatives/uw-cloud-services/.
If you would like to consult with us on which of these services might be best for your needs, please reach out to SVM IT by filling out a Help Desk Ticket.