**If you have never used the VPN before, you will need to submit a help desk ticket so SVM IT can enable your account for VPN access. 4th year students can skip this step because their accounts are already enabled. Help desk tickets can be submitted at https://helpdesk.vetmed.wisc.edu **
**Your Mac will have to be running at least the Sierra (10.12.x) operating system for this to function correctly. You will receive a certificate error if you are using an operating system that is too old. We do not have a simple fix for that at this time.**
– Open a web browser and go to: https://svm.vpn.wisc.edu/
– Log in with your UW Campus NetID and password.
– Click on the link to “Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent”
– Open the downloaded file. Proceed through the installation process, you will need to click continue, then continue, then install.
-You probably will be prompted with a message saying “System Extension Blocked.” See image below
In this case, select Security Preferences then select Allow. Sometimes the security window will pop up behind the installer window.
-Once you have finished installing the client you should have a little globe icon up near the clock. Click on the Globalprotect globe and it will ask you for your “portal address”. Our address is: svm.vpn.wisc.edu
-After you have entered in the portal address, you should now be able to connect with your UW Campus NetID username and password.
– Once you are done using the VPN, please log out of it by clicking on the globe icon by the clock and choose “Disconnect”