** If you have never used the VPN before, you will need to submit a help desk ticket so SVM IT can enable your account for VPN access. 4th year students can skip this step because their accounts are already enabled. Help desk tickets can be submitted at https://helpdesk.vetmed.wisc.edu **
– Open a web browser and go to: https://svm.vpn.wisc.edu/
– Log in with your UW Campus NetID and password.
– Click on the link to “Download Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect agent” (unless you know that your computer is running 32-bit, which is highly unlikely).
– Run the installer that you just download and keep clicking next until it has finished. If prompted, click Yes on the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
– A window should open asking for your “portal address”. The address you need to enter is:
– Next it will ask for your username and password. Please enter in your UW Campus NetID and password. If for some reason it launches with the user name “Vetmed\your username”, remove the “Vetmed\” and use only your NetID.
– The GlobalProtect VPN icon should show up as a little globe in the system tray down to the left of the clock. If you do not see it, you may have to expand the icons next to the left of the clock. You can also so a search for “globalprotect” in the Windows start menu.
– Once you are done using the VPN, please log out of it by clicking on the system tray icon (or the start menu entry) and choose “Disconnect”